Hello everyone! Since I’ve started cutting down on meat, I’ve found some great meatless meals. You don’t have to give up taste to enjoy a plant-based diet. So in honor of Heart Awareness month, today I am featuring a Vegetarian Casserole, Indian Style.
- ½ cup Green Lentils
- Organic Vegetable Broth
- ½ Cup Brooklyn Delhi Tikka Masala Indian Simmer sauce
- A handful of Brussel sprouts
- 1 Diced Sweet Potato
- 1 diced yellow squash
- 2 Cups Cooked Quinoa
- A handful of fresh spinach
- Olive oil
- Casserole dish
- Preheat over to 425 degrees.
- Cook green lentils and quinoa (separately) in vegetable broth in a pot, according to package instructions. While cooking
- Coat Brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes & yellow squash in olive oil, season to taste, and roast for 20 minutes.
- When lentils are tender, add the curry sauce to the lentils and warm.
- To serve, layer the spinach, cooked quinoa, lentils in the dish, then add the vegetables on top.
I served this with whole wheat dinner rolls. This vegetarian casserole is tasty, very satisfying and loaded with antioxidant veggies. The quinoa and lentils contain the protein.
Have a great week! Please subscribe to receive notification of every new post.